WHY ASSOCIATED COMPUTER SYSTEMS
ACS is a fast-growing company with 40+ years of history. While we’re headquartered in Des Moines, we have clients across the U.S. and several internationally. We’re a holistic, full-service technology provider offering a breadth of services and solutions including managed services, cybersecurity, storage and virtualization, connectivity, application development, IBM Power Systems, and maintenance & contract renewals. When it comes to technology, there’s really no challenge we can’t tackle.
In addition to being experienced in networking and cybersecurity, the ideal IBM Power Consultant is passionate and dynamic. The right candidate will demonstrate a team player attitude and is committed to growing their technology skills and their career with ACS. They will be strategic at solving client’s problems and making client lives better.
- IBM subject matter expert on Power and IBM storage.
- Client technical resource.
- SAN resource for IBM.
- CL Programming resource.
- Perform System migrations.
- Perform IBM Operating System upgrades.
- Work with HMC and VIOS.
- Obtain and Maintain vendor Certifications within Power Systems Division and Vendor programs for Power Systems Division. Those who do not currently hold the desired certificates will need to obtain them within 90 days of date of hire.
- Part of the on-call rotation for after hours and weekend needs of clients.
- Other Duties as assigned.
- General experience within IBM Power system – 3+ years.
- Experience in a fast-paced organization with a sense of urgency
- Excellent skills in communication and time management
- Lives by our core values: Passion, Dynamic, Respect, Leadership
- Development of RPG
- Knowledge of Query and SQL on the IBM Power Systems (AS400)
- Knowledge of IBM Power HA Full System replication.
- ConnectWise Manage experience
- WE LIVE OUR CORE VALUES
Passion is the fuel that drives our company and ourselves to excellence. We are motivated and dedicated to reaching our full potential each day. We work in an enthusiastic and energized environment that creates a fun and positive experience for all.
We treat others the way we expect to be treated. We maintain the highest ethical standards delivered in a caring, honest, and trustworthy manner. We are reliable, dependable, and highly responsive.
Our imaginative mindset embraces challenges and energizes our quest for new ideas, knowledge, and superior technology to meet the ever-changing needs of our clients. We are conscientious in our work, extremely versatile, and adaptive. We simplify technology.
We lead from the front and are an example of excellence. Resourcefulness and hard work are evident in all we do. We are confident and dedicated to shaping our future.
This role is based out of our office in Des Moines, Iowa.
BENEFITS DESIGNED FOR REAL PEOPLE
- 17 days PTO
- Seven holidays and two floating holidays
- Designated bereavement time off
- 401K Safe Harbor after one year
- Medical, vision, dental, life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Monthly employee breakfast
- Snacks and coffee
- Happy hours and company engagement activities
- Wellness program
- Professional development assistance
You could be the newest addition to the ACS team!
Ready to Join Us? Click "Apply Now" to get started!