WHY ASSOCIATED COMPUTER SYSTEMS
Associated Computer Systems is a leading MSP company that specializes in providing high-quality IT solutions and services to our clients. We are committed to delivering exceptional client experiences and are looking for a dedicated Lead Security Strategist to streamline this effort.
The Lead Security Strategist is a professional responsible for developing and implementing comprehensive security strategies and plans to safeguard an organization's information, assets, and digital infrastructure. They play a crucial role in protecting sensitive data from cyber threats and ensuring compliance with security standards and regulations.
- Risk Assessment: Conducting comprehensive risk assessments to identify potential security vulnerabilities and threats to the organization's data and infrastructure. This involves analyzing current security measures and evaluating potential risks.
- Security Strategy Development: Creating and maintaining security strategies and policies that align with the organization's goals and compliance requirements. This involves staying up-to-date with emerging technologies and threats.
- Security Planning: Developing security plans and protocols to address identified vulnerabilities and threats. These plans may include incident response procedures, disaster recovery plans, and security awareness programs.
- Training and Supervision: Training, and supervising security personnel or teams, ensuring that they are well-equipped to execute the security strategy.
- Compliance and Regulations: Ensuring the organization complies with relevant security regulations and standards, such as GDPR, HIPAA, or industry-specific requirements.
- Emerging Technologies: Staying informed about emerging security technologies and advising senior management on their potential use to enhance security
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Risk Assessment: The ability to identify and evaluate potential security risks and vulnerabilities within an organization's systems and processes.
- Security Strategy Development: Crafting and implementing security strategies and policies that align with the organization's objectives and regulatory requirements.
- Incident Response: Being prepared to respond to security incidents, including developing incident response plans and executing them effectively.
- Security Compliance: Staying up to date with security regulations and ensuring the organization's compliance with relevant standards.
- Technical Knowledge: A solid understanding of cybersecurity technologies and best practices, including encryption, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and more.
- Communication Skills: The capacity to convey complex security concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders and to collaborate effectively with teams.
- Leadership: Providing guidance and direction to security teams or personnel and motivating them to achieve security goals.
- Problem-Solving: The ability to analyze security issues, identify root causes, and develop effective solutions.
- Continuous Learning: Staying informed about emerging security threats, technologies, and industry trends.
- Project Management: The skill to plan and execute security initiatives within defined timelines and budgets.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Minimum of five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of clients or employees of an organization.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Contact Management systems; Database software; Internet software; Project Management software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Other Qualifications: Must have reliable transportation and be able to travel.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
WE LIVE OUR CORE VALUES
Passion is the fuel that drives our company and ourselves to excellence. We are motivated and dedicated to reaching our full potential each day. We work in an enthusiastic and energized environment that creates a fun and positive experience for all.
We treat others the way we expect to be treated. We maintain the highest ethical standards delivered in a caring, honest, and trustworthy manner. We are reliable, dependable, and highly responsive.
Our imaginative mindset embraces challenges and energizes our quest for new ideas, knowledge, and superior technology to meet the ever-changing needs of our clients. We are conscientious in our work, extremely versatile, and adaptive. We simplify technology.
We lead from the front and are an example of excellence. Resourcefulness and hard work are evident in all we do. We are confident and dedicated to shaping our future.
This role is Full-Time. Fully Remote or Hybrid out of of Des Moines Office
BENEFITS DESIGNED FOR REAL PEOPLE
- 17 days PTO
- Seven holidays and two floating holidays
- Designated bereavement time off
- 401K Safe Harbor after one year
- Medical, vision, dental, life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Monthly employee breakfast
- Snacks and coffee
- Happy hours and company engagement activities
- Wellness program
- Professional development assistance
You could be the newest addition to the ACS team!
Ready to Join Us? Click "Apply Now" to get started!